Part 1: Weekend Birthday Celebration

By Melissa - Monday, April 14, 2014


Friday (April 11th, 2014)

The entire week was busy-mania for me (I had ministry and social appointments every single night of the week, which resulted in me being home past 10:30pm daily) and I was severely sleep-deprived.

However, I've been looking forward to my early birthday celebration with my BFF all week. So, cancellation wasn't an option.

In the weeks leading up to my birthday, he was a little in over his head and suggested having an all-week party for me, which I declined to.

We had dinner at one of our favourite spots, watched Captain America, stayed out till the clock struck 12 and ushered in my birthday together.

Afterwards, he gave me an exceptionally heartfelt speech and I softened to a puddle of happy tears.

***

Dearest BFF,

We didn't take pictures on Friday because I was jaded and far off from looking my best, and we didn't need to because the memories that we created for my 25th birthday are etched in my heart and mind forever.

Thank you for giving me the best gift of all this year: The gift of words. Thank you for getting that to this writer, words are love. More than that, I see the heart behind those words, and I'm so grateful for it.

I wouldn't trade you and our friendship for anything in this world. 


Much love,
Holly Monica Buffalo. 


Saturday (April 12th, 2014)

AM: Woke up to a steady stream of texts flowing in from all platforms. I sat up in bed and began replying them. Answered several birthday calls from my friends who are in different parts of the world, while I was at it.

Noon: I was spoiled with the full princess treatment by my bestie, yet again. She picked me up from church (I had to return to church for youth service after lunch), and we went for a fine dining lunch date.







Entree: Creamy vegetable soup.





Main Course: Pan seared salmon and peach tomato on saffron broth, with grilled portobello mushrooms.





Dessert: Bread and butter pudding.

***

Dearest Annie,

Thank you for indulging me, this year and every year, for as long as I can remember. More importantly, thank you for loving me for who I am through the years.

You are a true gift from Him, to me. 


Love you heaps,
Mellie. 


PM: Thai for dins, followed by ice-cream with my family and two uncles.

***

Dee, Mee, Angeline, Tua Koo and Say Koo,

I truly understand the word family when I am with all of you. And to be placed in this family, my cup truly runs over.

Love all of you, more than all the stars in the sky. 


Sunday (April 13th, 2014)

AM: Church.

Noon: Lunch-cum-youth committee meeting, with a lovely surprise after the meeting drew to a close. 




***

Joshua and Ping,

I'm usually not an ardent fan of surprises, but I liked this one. A lot. Thank you very much for this.


Love,
Mel. 


PM: Second birthday dinner treat with my two favourites, with cakes this time around (BFF insisted that we had 'em). 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments