Home, For Now

By Melissa - Wednesday, October 14, 2020

If I were not a marketeer by profession and writer by passion, I would be obsequious to arts - a lifetime gladly lived in devotion to it. Architecture and interior design would be firm contenders, with food and theatre as running favourites. 

Two weeks from now, I should be craning my neck at the frescoes of any number of grande dame hotels, wondering what those lobbies and dining rooms must have looked like in their heyday. Art and cuisine, the duo would have made for a whirlwind of an adventure. We would have, at my insistence, visited every last museum and exhibit, starting with Pompidou.

Paris in fall, our favourite season of the year. It was our perfect plan that never came to be.

In its place, I find grace and gratitude in spending more time in this new home. It is slowly coming to be - every single item curated and matched to vision of "a wabi-sabi inspired home: lived in, loved, and never quite finished."

Dream piece on the wall - a Rothko. 



Simple, purposeful accents.



Adopting the philosophy for my workspace - "soulful simplicity" (Beth Kempton).





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments