A Thai, Italian and Lemonade Kinda Night-Out

By Melissa - Monday, March 03, 2014

Alexander Dumas once said this, "Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives."


I subscribe to it. 

I find it important to give without expectations, and even more so to receive with gratitude, because grateful hearts and attitudes are superb breeding grounds for more giving. It's a perpetual cycle, the good kind.

Tinki Talks (one of my very good friends) and myself have discovered a long long time ago that, "A good friendship is made of: A relationship where everybody gives... and nobody counts."

It was supposed to be my treat night last Friday - dinner and dessert was supposed to be entirely on me because Matt got the cheque the last time. I relented and allowed him to pay then because he would. not. stop. rambling about how he never gets to pay. The dood hasn't even started working and he wants to fight me for the bill?! #truegentleman #oneofakind 

We went for Thai food (our favourite) at Tree Monkey

.

.

.

.

.


Fish Cake, Pineapple Fried Rice and Seafood Tomyam.
Not pictured: Pandan Chicken. 


… and we were about done with dinner when he sneakily slipped away and paid.

So, I had to up my game. The plan was to head to Hard Rock Cafe next, to dig into their Fresh Apple Cobbler

We loitered the grounds and chanced upon an Italian pizza place instead, with a real wood-fire oven. It was an opportunity too good to pass on, so…




I picked up the bill this time around (and double-confirmed that Matt was seated and had his hands behind his back). Afterwards, we made a stop at Starbucks and got lemonades. 


------------


Dearest Matthew/Matt/Matty,

Thank you for giving me… your trust, your acceptance, your time, your finances and most importantly, your friendship. The last one (I always save the best for the last, but you already know that) is one that I can't imagine doing life without. 

You're truly the best, BFF. 


Love,
Melissa. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments