Life Update - New Beginnings In A New City

By Melissa - Thursday, September 01, 2022

 


As I was writing this, my eyes furtively darted between my screen and my luggage, bared open, mentally going through a checklist to see if I have missed out on anything. It was one of the three suitcases encasing my most important earthly possessions, bound for check-in, as I packed for new beginnings in a new city.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia has been home for the last seven years through the highs and lows, wins and losses, laughter and tears, miracles and love. The city - in all of its glory, character, and complexities - was where I have grown the most, both professionally and personally. Yet, my best memories in the capital city can be mostly attributed to the discovery of an incredible community (some of whom I am privileged to call friends) accompanied by amazing opportunities to see a fraction of my lifelong dreams come to life. To be bidding it goodbye after the better part of a decade would make any person a little wistful. Hence, this piece in my rather neglected blog…

These last few weeks have been a flurry of farewells and a host of goodbyes, a look-back into a repository of good times - where it all began and how far we have come.

For the last two years, our home was where I have celebrated the best news and sought refuge from the bad. It was where I have welcomed friends from all walks of life for a home-cooked meal. It was where I have written some of my favourite stories. Of the seven years I have dwelled in this city, I have spent the most time in this house; it was our safe harbour amidst a global pandemic. It will always hold a dear place in my heart.


Seven. The number of perfection. The fulfilment of promise. The posture of hope. This adventure, after the last seven years, was worth the wait.

So here we are, embarking on a new season in Bangkok, a city I have long loved and been fascinated by... The search begins for our very own home, one we can grow and build our roots in.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments