11/100 - Live At Your Own Pace

By Melissa - Sunday, July 03, 2016



The title of this entry seems weighty and living it out requires more courage than I can muster on certain days.

Mundane problems do get the better of me sometimes. On those days and during those moments, I concede to Misery and wallow. I try not to linger in it longer than I should.

Holding out isn't easy. Being here in the waiting makes me feel as though I've been forgotten. And when those days come, I'll try to remember the excerpt below:

"People will call you a cynic, a wry smile on their faces. Pay them no mind. You alone know that you are capable of a love greater than anything they can comprehend. You alone know that you are not willing to sell your identity and respect to the first smirking halfwit to pass by. It is not cynicism. It is reverence for your own vast and fathomless heart, and it makes sense only to love someone who understands that and is awed by it.

You will not always get what you want when you want it. Accept it. Your goals are not set in stone and you are not on a fixed trajectory. Sometimes, Life will take its time and you will have to play the long, interminable game. Play it well and with as much grace as you can muster. Live at your own pace."

Source: Tumblr.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments