Monday Blues Begone: Late Night Movie - Spy (2015)

By Melissa - Tuesday, May 26, 2015




Before I began working, I made a rule about watching late night movies - No such dalliance, especially if I have work to attend to the next day.

I broke my own rule last night, after 2.5 years. (P.S. I think I've made good time.)

To date, Spy is one of the funniest films I've ever watched (only slightly behind the Pink Panther franchise). There's funny, and then there's funny. Spy is the latter. Mall Cop 2 and Pitch Perfect 2 have got nothing on this comedy blockbuster.

The plot twists were clever, the stunts were intense but the best part of the show was found in the comedic tongue-sparring between Rose Byrne and Melissa McCarthy.

Byrne delivered the hilarious insults with such detachment, I almost choked at her impassiveness. At one point, it was difficult to hear some of the lines because the audience was howling with laughter.

I left the cinema with an aching jaw, slightly blurry vision (from tears of laughter) and what I fervently believe as the early formation of abs (comes into being from extensive exercise, eating the right diet AND excessive laughter).

A must-watch, and I daresay, a highly recommended antidote to combat stress and work fatigue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments