Life Lately - Pictorial Update

By Melissa - Friday, July 15, 2016

Don't worry, folks; I am still alive and quite well, considering how nutso life is for me at the moment. Here's a quick pictorial peek into all that's been going on in my world lately. 

----------



My monthly standing date with Natasha, an ex-lecturer who became a close friend and confidante. Whenever we meet, we yak and exchange opinions about everything and anything under the sun; no holds barred and no pretenses needed.

I chose to start off this entry with this picture because I never want to forget how welcomed I felt in a home with a family of a different race, religion and cultural background from mine. That night, as I sat around the dining table; munching on Raya cookies and laughing with her Mak and Abah, it was the closest thing I had to family, while I was dearly missing my own.




Yup, I'm still riding on the Clean Eating train. I just disembark every now and again to live a little. Which I did, when I was home during the Raya holidays.




Limiting my carbs intake wasn't easy (I went from having rice daily to once a week), but I don't think I could ever give up dessert.

Being away from my family and living alone was never an easy decision, so my parents spoil me a whole lot more whenever I'm back in their arms. Like with this luscious mango beaute from one of my favourite dessert places on the island.




Belated birthday dinner treat for my best friend of 12 years, at our favourite Spanish restaurant in town. Every time we meet, it's as if no time has passed and we are able to pick up from where we left off. She's one of the constant-s in my life and I love our friendship.




Managed to sneak in an hour of goss, anecdotes and catch-up time with an ex-colleague, who is now a father to an adorable baby boy.





Work hurricane as soon as the holidays were over. And yes, I typed that correctly - I clocked in at 10am and left at 7am, the following day. Not for a good rest, mind you. I unlocked the doors at 7:30am, snoozed for a little bit, showered and was out of the house again by 8:30am. Oh oh oh... I'm working through the weekend as well. #happyhappyjoyjoy

I foresee more days like these in the weeks to come. Ah, the glamorous life of a copywriter...




Offsite visit to a client's earlier today. It was quite possibly the most stunning work space I've ever laid eyes on. Don't take my word for it, judge for yourselves.



The gorgeous interior.


Another shot of the amazing light in this place.




My little space is suffering from undeserved neglect because of my insane work schedule. My last entry was almost two weeks ago! However, my recent visit back home sparked a few interesting ideas, which I hope to write up and share in the weeks to come.

Hint: Check out the glorious ooze of matcha and azuki beans lava from the matcha cake and see if you can venture a guess on the topic for my upcoming article.




Many pockets to fill, endless bills to pay but only one soul to nurture. Take care of it well. Be good to it. Love on it. See as much of the world as you can and let the experiences change you, for the better and for life.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments