The Week In Review - Cinderella, Superfood Shipment, Berries Breakkie + Skinny Pie

By Melissa - Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Weekend That Was series (posts documenting how my weekends were spent) are sporadic in recent days due to the flurry of activities. Afterwards, Monday comes calling and the entire week... happens.

Until they (the series) strut in and make a full comeback, I'll be incorporating the interesting bits (if any) in the weekday posts.

A little insight on how my week (and weekend) went...


1. Cinderella with my uncle and The Little Sister on Friday (March 20th, 2015).





There are many things I did not enjoy about the live-action adaptation of this animated classic - Cinderella's behemoth (and frankly, rather ugly) blue gown, the unadventurous plot and the prosaic soundtrack, to name a few.

And already, I can feel the glares of the many, many fangirls of this movie burning up my skin…

So, here are the takeaways that I do love about this movie - The visually stunning world that was created, Cate Blanchett's terrific performance as the evil stepmother and the simple yet powerful reminder (which I hope will resonate within every man, woman and child watching) to have courage and be kind.



2. Meatless Monday.


Hard-boiled egg on wholegrain toast, sauteed mushrooms with thyme and butterhead lettuce.



3. My shipment from iHerb arrived on Tuesday!




Exclamation point because I'm mad happy about the deal I got for the organic chia seeds (way cheaper, even after the USD-MYR conversion rate) and I'm pretty excited to try out the maca powder - one of the best superfoods for women to partake - after reading up on the glowing product reviews.



4. Berries for breakfast.


Korean strawberries and frozen blueberries.



5. Skinny Shepherd's Pie.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments