The Week In Review - Colourful Breakfast, Ma's Birthday & Macaron = Burger

By Melissa - Friday, March 20, 2015

Hectic week, with much to do and as it always is, Time was not on our side. But, that's a never-ending story, so let's not get into that.

Some pics from this week's happenings and shenanigans...


----------



1. Fruity goodness for breakfast all through the week


Bananas, frozen blueberries and Korean strawberries.



2. Meatless Monday - I'm thinking of making this a permanent fixture in my diet plan.


Sauteed mushrooms with herbs and toast.



3. My beautiful Ma's birthday on Tuesday (March 17th, 2015)





Thank you for loving me before you ever laid eyes on me and thank you for choosing to love me now, 25 years later, after you've seen it all. 



4. A macaron and a burger are identical.

Based on my colleague (TL)'s interpretation, logic and vision.

See, another colleague of ours got married this past weekend. She invited all of us and most of us were unable to attend the wedding luncheon because it wasn't held in Penang. So, we did the next best thing - We entrusted our gifts to Santa and got him to deliver it to her on our behalf, since he was slated to attend the ceremony.

She returned to the office a couple of days after, and gave us a macaron each as a token of appreciation for our gifts.

TL is two cubicles away from my little space in the office. When he returned to his desk, I distinctively heard him mutter to himself (in Mandarin), "Who placed this BURGER on my table?" 

My other colleague, Kimi (who I assume heard TL's mumbling as well) exclaimed loudly a few seconds later, "HELLO! This is a macaron okay. MA!-CA!-RON!", all while brandishing the macaron at his face. 

I tried holding in my laughter, but to no avail.

In the end, I laughed with tears streaming down my face, underneath my desk, with both hands cupped over my mouth.

BTW, a little education...


Source: Instagram.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments