The Week In Review - 12-Hr Work Day, Career Crossroad, Evening Date + They're Here!

By Melissa - Friday, December 19, 2014


Monday (Dec 15th, 2014)

AM - PM: Work, work, work.



Tuesday (Dec 16th, 2014)

AM: Work.


PM: Met up with one of my ex-colleagues for drinks, before we both headed back to our respective homes for dinner. She has become one of the dearest of friends.






Wednesday (Dec 17th, 2014)

AM - PM: 12-hour work day.

What should have been a 15-min leisurely drive home turned out to be a 45-min slither through traffic, in the pouring rain.

I've seen better work days, but the upside to the day was probably the arrival of the first batch of calendars, a copy of which will be given to every employee in CM in the weeks to come.







Names have been redacted for privacy purposes.


I was musing over the effort I've put in to oversee this entire project - the hours spent researching and coordinating everything with the entire team (so. many. people... and I am so not a people person), dealing with last minute changes (while trying my utmost best to not rip anyone's head off) and most importantly, learning through it all - and that made cradling the finished product in my hands so much more precious.

Burnt skin, lack of rest, sweat and quite possibly the loss of more than a few wisps of hair... Worth it... Totally worth it.



Thursday (Dec 18th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Sliced bananas and a muesli bar.





Was offered a new position in CM, which involves a change in job scope and responsibilities. I've been asked to mull it over and return with an answer on Monday.

Looks like I need to do some soul-searching and weighing this weekend.


Noon: Double birthday celebration for my colleagues.





PM: Family time.



Friday (December 19th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Meiji's Bulgaria yoghurt and a muesli bar.





PM: Dinner with two of my favourite people in all the land and a trip to TESCO after, to prep for tomorrow's Christmas Party with two of the cutest munchkins of all time.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments