The Week In Review - Photo Shoot, 14-Hour (++) Work Days and Lust-Worthy Sky Shots

By Melissa - Tuesday, November 04, 2014


The past week swooshed by and I'm still gathering myself, my thoughts and my sanity.

I'm exhausted, to say the least. But, there's no reason to complain because in more ways than one, I've learned… learned more about my abilities, tolerance and craft; which is essential for my growth as an individual and as a creative person.

The week that went by...


Monday (Oct 27th, 2014)

AM - PM: Back-to-back meetings, all day long.



Tuesday (Oct 28th, 2014)

AM - PM: Spent my entire day fine-tuning details for CM's 2015 calendar photo shoot, happening the very next day.



Wednesday Oct 29th, 2014)

AM: Out of the house by 7am for CM's Calendar Photo Shoot - Day One.


Behind the scenes.


PM: Tons of test shots, lighting adjustments and 5 locations later, I finally got home at 9pm; parched, ravenous, drenched in sweat and with matted hair, as though I stuck my head in a bowl of starch earlier that day.



Thursday (Oct 30th, 2014)

AM: CM's Calendar Photo Shoot - Day Two.

Up by 4am and out the house by 4:30am. Arrived on set at 5am and a little while later, Madame Sky arrayed herself in the most stunning of colors.





She knew that her beauty had besieged us, and wasted no time in captivating us wholly. At 7:30am that same day…





PM: Home by 8pm. I sat under the shower, a little longer than usual, and allowed the cascading water-flow to wash the day off.



Friday (Oct 31st, 2014)

AM: CM's Calendar Photo Shoot - Day Three.

Dragged myself out of bed by 4am, replied several work messages on WhatsApp and tottered off for a hot-cold shower (the shocking switch from steaming hot to stone cold water is unnerving, but incredibly effective in jolting me up from any remnant of sleepiness).

Penang, from my vantage point at 5:30am...





An hour later...





The glorious rising of the sun meant the wrap-up of the first photo session of the day.

I, along with two of my crew members, cheekily insisted on riding on the back of the Hilux truck on the way up and down the hill. We felt every hump, bump and curve of the road, and it was exhilarating. 


My colleague who was riding in the front seat of the truck behind us snapped this pic of us. 



PM: A sudden downpour soaked us all to our skin and wiped out (figuratively, of course) our final session for the day. We called it a day and left for home at 7pm.


*


Related posts:

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments