2 Months' Worth Of Loving

By Melissa - Monday, September 05, 2016


For me, time stopped the moment I laid eyes on you. Those huge, dark brown eyes get me every single time.

I walked towards you, and you, to me. Your gait was comfortable, but I could see the longing in your eyes. The second we closed the distance between us, it was just like old times. You slid into your favourite posture and…..

I love how you shut your eyes in sweet surrender when I kiss your nose.

I adore watching you thump your hind leg in blissful ecstasy when I tickle the right spot.

I like the sound of your little rotund tummy when I playfully tap on it.

I dote on your gentle sighs of contentment when I stroke your back.

I laugh in delight at the feel of your furry paw on my knee, cheekily asking for more treats.

I fall in love all over again when your eyes stare into mine, burrowing deep into my heart and soul.

----------

Never would I have thought that my sometimes stoic heart could summon up so much love for a four-legged furry creature. Max, you stole Mumma’s heart 10 years ago and you’ve never quite given it back. But, that’s alright, my heart is right where it belongs.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments