The Week In Review - Dance Again & Bloom, The Creative Process + Daily Essentials

By Melissa - Saturday, January 31, 2015


This week has been many things and I've been doing a lot of soul-searching, quite a bit of self-reflection and I've been reminding myself of this little something that I wrote:


Winter has past, Summer has come, it's time to dance again and bloom.


Or, in other words: Let go, move on and live life.

So, this week's post isn't the ushe - there is no day-to-day updates - but here are some pics on how my week went...


1. Gluten-free banana oatmeal pancakes.

Made them again this week. They're gluten-free, sugar-free and they fill me up pretty nicely (I only have two small slices for breakfast). Oh, they're totally yummy too...






2. Mangoes and blueberries breakfast bowl.

While we're on the subject of health and breakfast, my summery-hued fruit bowl...






3. Celebrated Dee's birthday.

We had an early birthday celebration for him last Saturday and together with my two uncles, we managed to successfully surprise him with an unexpected (for him) gift.


Birthday boy with his very own iPhone 6+.



And on the real day, the four of us had dinner together at one of our favourite Chinese restaurant.






4. I wear my emotions on my face.

Story of my life, ladies and gentlemen...





The only perk? It keeps annoyances at bay when I'm in a beastly mood.



5. Daily essentials




- Aelwen, my 13-inch MacBook Air
- EOS lip balm (chapped lips are NEVER sexy)
- Aloe vera juice with manuka honey and chia seeds
- A dash of boldness for the day




6. The Dictionary and Thesaurus are my guys.

D understands and supports me like no other, whereas T shows me that there are so many ways to convey what I'd like to say and I never have to stop at one. 

They are my muses, my inspiration and my forever loves.

They are also the ones that I turn to when I am facing a writer's block.



7. The struggle is real. Oh-so-real. 


Content adapted from Pinterest. Redesigning, mine.



The drafts in my current work folder is probably #3 and I feel like #4. Might as well toss them into the bin.

Not to worry, #5 is just right around the corner.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments