My Dee: A Man After God's Heart

By Melissa - Wednesday, January 28, 2015


Family gift for this year's birthday celebration - iPhone 6+.


Of all the people I've known after 25 years of living, I can say this with full confidence today: You are a man after God's heart.

Not all men are meant to be fathers and not all men make good fathers. To say that you are an exceptional father would be an understatement.

You raised me up to be a lady with values and principles. Because of that, I refuse to go with the crowd and I make a conscious choice to live without compromise, every single day.

You told me that it is okay to be strong, but it is equally important to be gracious. Because of that, I am unafraid to speak my mind and undaunted by tough situations that come my way, but my shoulder and ears are always open to anyone in need.

You believed in me and spurred me on to pursue my passions. Because of that, I grew from being a girl with dreams to become a woman with goals.

Most importantly, you taught me to fear no man except The Man who gave up His life for me.

Beneath that firm disposition of yours, lies a heart that is immensely gentle; tender enough for Him to touch and big enough to love me for all that I am.

I am eternally grateful to have been given a foretaste of the father heart of God because of you.

I love you and adore you so very much.

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


Always yours,
Cheesecake.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments