The Week In Review - Life In Madsville + Royally Embarrassing Rear End Cushionery

By Melissa - Friday, September 12, 2014

The past two weeks have been a blur to me, standing in the eye of a (work) hurricane.

It is one of the most intoxicating libations to swallow; a cocktail made up of long hours, running around like a headless chicken at every waking hour of the day to check up on various projects, brainstorming meetings, creative planning, writing and (as of yesterday) media management.

I'm spent. Completely.

It's exhausting and pernicious to a certain degree. I get jolted up from REM sleep at odd hours of the night because there is so much to do within such a limited time frame. The only thing flooding my mind is work and everything related to it. I have thought of driving both my fist and head into a brick wall simultaneously so many times that I've lost count.

All of me is demanded and in spite of it, I still love what I do. Not essentially out of love for what I'm doing, but because I'm learning... I'm learning something new everyday and that makes me feel alive; it keeps me alive.

------------

Monday (Sept 8th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Coconut yoghurt (Strawberry Shortcake very kindly bought 'em for me from Thailand) with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and muesli.






Tues (Sept 9th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Coconut yoghurt with ripe bananas, diced kiwi, muesli and raw almonds.






Weds (Sept 10th, 2014)

AM - PM: Camped at Crazy Town for work. Came home and sank into bed, mentally sapped and physically depleted of any energy.



Thurs (Sept 11th, 2014)

AM: My chock-full work plate was topped with a fresh, huge scoop of inedible food (read: new project). My mind quickly canvassed the project brief and outlined an initial to-do list, while assuming that there was a chair beneath me.

I lowered myself down (thinking that I was easing myself into a seat) and by the time I realized that I had miscalculated the distance, it was too late... I landed on the floor; arms and legs flailing in the air.

I quickly sprung myself up when I saw my boss whipping out his smartphone to take a picture of me. Afterwards, he said (in between laughs):


My boss: Can you please do it again? I want to take a slo-mo video of you doing that. *grinning widely*

Me: NO. *feigning a scowl at him*

My boss: HAHAHAHA. Please????

Me: NO.


Archangel was worse. He sniggered at FIVE mins interval for quite a bit while saying to himself, "HAHAHAHAHA. So funny" but he didn't dare to look up from his MBP because he knew that I was narrowing my eyes and throwing stare daggers at him.

My aching back and rear end will most certainly heal, but I am not too positive about my bruised ego.


Noon: First lunch plate in a fortnight (or more) - Vegetable chowder and garlic bread (I used whole wheat baguette).





PM: Carved out some time for dinner with my soul mate. It has been SO long since we last had a meal together and did a proper catch-up. 

We picked up right where we left off, and my weary soul was lifted; no frills, just honest and heartfelt conversation about what matters most to the both of us - God, the people we love and our passions.



Friday (Sept 12th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast? What breakfast? Ain't nobody got the time for that.

Noon: Take-out.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments