The Week In Review - J Crew, Berries Feast, Dollar For A Name, Seafood Chowder, Chicken Cakes + Chicken Parm for Ma

By Melissa - Friday, August 15, 2014


Monday (August 12th, 2014)

AM: Day off after a weekend escapade to KL with my family to spend time with some of our friends. One of them was in NYC for a fortnight and very kindly toted back my purchases for me.


Shopping haul from US - White shirt from J Crew, and some beauty knick-knacks.


Major love for my stretch perfect shirt from J Crew. It's immensely comfy, fits me perfectly (I took a huge gamble for the second time, following *this* boo-boo the first time around) and best of all, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.


PM: Quality time with The Little Sister. Satiated my hankering for a bowl of sinfully tasty prawn noodles.





Afterwards, I dropped by the mall to pick up some muesli and while I was there, I recalled of my colleague singing her praises for this serum from a particular brand. I visited the counter, politely inquired about the said serum and the lady I spoke to generously offered a couple of sample sachets for me to try.




I thanked her and asked for her name as I was leaving. I heard her saying, "My name is Dollar." Thinking that my hearing must have gone awry, I reiterated my question to her:


Me: I'm sorry, what's your name again?

Nice Sales Lady: My name is DOLLAR. *pointing to her name tag (which spelt d-o-l-l-a-r)*

Me: *trying to keep a straight face* I see. Alright, thank you very much, Dollar. I'll try the serum and let you know how it is.


I had to conjure up every ounce of willpower I had within me to maintain a poker face and not laugh at the name that she (very obviously) chose for herself. #varietyisthespiceoflife



Tuesday (August 12th, 2014)

AM: Work. 

Breakfast bowl - Blueberry yoghurt with blackberries, raspberries, raw almonds, muesli and a generous sprinkle of chia seeds. 





Noon: Lunch plate - Seafood chowder with ciabatta bread.






Wednesday (August 13th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast du jour - Homemade cake by my Mumma and a mug of TWG's Silver Moon






Thursday (August 14th, 2014)

AM: My supply of Greek yoghurt has been replenished, so I was happy as a clam about breakfast; which consisted of raspberries, blackberries, muesli, raw almonds and... you guessed it right, Greek yoghurt. 





Noon: I made meatballs last Friday and although they were scrumptious, the amount of oil needed to fry them into savoury balls of deliciousness was not very... clean eating-esque. I decided to test out a new method and the outcome was swell - way healthier and hardly any oil needed.

I placed the meat mix (I used chicken this time around) on a plate and steamed it for about 15 mins. After it has cooled down slightly, I sliced the patty to bite-sized pieces and lightly pan-fried them (just a tiny swirl of oil to coat the pan will do). 

The result...







Chicken cakes, snap peas, mashed potatoes and a wash of homemade chilli-lime sauce. 



Friday (August 15th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Greek yoghurt with blackberries, raspberries, mango puree, muesli and organic chia seeds.





My colleague got in, set her backpack down, unzipped it and placed these on my desk.






FYI, she's incredibly generous and she has a really big heart. I think for the purposes of this blog, let's call her Strawberry Shortcake, because of her petite size and sweet disposition.

More munchies. Always a good thing. 


Noon: My mother requested Chicken Parm for lunch and I obliged to her taste bud's wish. What Ma wants, Ma gets.


Lunch Plate - Chicken Parm (Skinny Version), snap peas + spicy potatoes.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments