The Week In Review - Mangoes, Jap, Taro Pie + Food Poisoning

By Melissa - Friday, September 19, 2014


Monday (Sept 15th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Cubed honey mangoes, blueberries, muesli and raw almonds on Meiji's Bulgaria yoghurt (part of the yoghurt loot which Strawberry Shortcake purchased for me).






Noon: Taro pie as dessert. Strawberry Shortcake surprised me with this edible gift when she clocked in for work.






PM: Girly night-out with my bestie.










Tuesday (Sept 16th, 2014)

AM: After my date with Annie the night before, I returned home and took a relaxing shower. Afterwards, I sank into bed, propped myself up with pillows and watched series on Aelwen late into the night. 3am kind of late.

The next morning, I cottoned to the glorious liberty of a day off from work (PH because it was Malaysia Day) to get reacquainted with my bed, just like the old days


PM: Church dinner at Bellevue Hotel, Penang Hill. 

Humid weather and lengthy wait at the tram station. The excellent company did make up for the below mediocre dinner spread.






Wednesday (Sept 17th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Kiwi, blueberries, muesli, raw almonds and organic chia seeds atop of Meiji's Bulgaria yoghurt.





Noon: Doggy bag - Mumma's delicious briyani rice, which I missed out on because I was out for a dinner the night before.






Thursday (Sept 18th, 2014)

AM - PM: Woke up with a sharp pain to my abdomen, and began purging a little while later. Went to the doctor's and found out that I contracted food poisoning from goodness-knows-where. When I returned home, my body felt so weak that I literally crawled into bed, and stayed there for the rest of the day.




Friday (Sept 19th, 2014)

AM: In an alternate universe, when Work is not chasing me down like a hound, I should be in bed, recuperating. However, Reality beckons and Work comes first.

Noon: I managed to hold down a small bowl of cereal and a few slices of crackers. Whoopee! Here's hoping that my hearty appetite will be back to usual later today or tomorrow...



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments