A Lily Kind Of Love

By Melissa - Tuesday, August 20, 2013



"Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you."

Luke 12:27-28 (New Living Translation)


----------


Certainly.

I love that word. As a writer, my usage of the word 'certainly' is minimal, unless I am absolutely convinced (without a shadow of doubt) of something that will surely happen. 

As I took in the loveliness of one of the lilies in our garden yesterday evening, I thought of these verses and all that they meant. 

Across the corridors of time, God saw us, chose to care for us... surely, unequivocally and completely (that's what certainly means), with a love that is unlike any other... passionate, unrelenting and ever true. 

So, yesterday I re-learned love... His lily kind of love, which has captured my heart in more ways than one, and will continue to do so eternally. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments