One Life, One Shot

By Melissa - Friday, July 10, 2009

As I am writing this post, I am prying my eyes open with my fingers.

Yes, I am very tired.

However, I did make a vow when I began Chatty Lass, I would not abandon it for more than a week.

Truth be told, there are posts waiting to be written. I do have a lot to share, I can't find the time just yet to solidify it in writing.

I wrote here about Michael Jackson's passing. As I watched the memorial, I still find it difficult to believe that he is actually gone. It's just tough to swallow, more so to digest and hold it in.

Brooke Shields captured, what I believe to be the essence of MJ, in her eulogy. It was personal, beautifully written and mostly, it was deeply heartfelt. It moved me to tears.

As I reminisce, encouraging my thoughts to swivel around, the fragility of life danced around me, not mockingly but with enough impression for it to be etched in my mind and heart: We have only one life to live, one shot. Make it count.

Some time back, I wrote "Live not to be a legend, live to leave a legacy".

I am holding on to that more than ever, now.



Brooke Shields' eulogy

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments