Happy Birthday, Ma!

By Melissa - Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17th, 2014


Dearest Mummy,

You and I are polar opposites on so many things - I'm loud, boisterous and opinionated; you're soft-spoken, gentle and giving.

However, you've taught me that it is possible to bring two antipodal worlds together and excel at balancing them together in harmony. I see you doing it, every single day.

I've learned that it is possible to not give up a job that you love and shine at, and still be able to nourish your family with a home-cooked meal (a sumptuous spread, if I might add). It just takes a little planning and a lot of love.

I've learned that it is possible to love and care for your own family, yet be ever so ready to love and care for HIS family at the drop of a hat. It just takes a small act of kindness and a very big heart.

I've learned that it is possible to be a woman of immense inner strength and wisdom, and at the same time, be incredibly motherly and graceful. It just takes some patience and much compassion.




------------


Thank you for imbuing in me the importance of being and holding my own, unapologetically. Thank you for championing me on my strengths. A bigger thank you for making sure that I deal with my weaknesses. Most of all, thank you for believing in me, in all things. 


Love you so very much,
Sa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments