Arch Of Hope

By Melissa - Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I woke up this morning with a hurting heart and a heavy spirit.

I had hoped against all hope, believing that Mercy and Compassion will prevail; that every person deserves a second chance at life and the death penalty is not only an act of a flawed system and regressive thinking, but more than that, it is never the answer.

No man ever has the right to claim another man's life, be it as an individual or as a system. There is no way to reconcile that.

As I drove to work on one of the darkest of days, I saw a full rainbow arched across the sky; magnificent in its spectrum of glory.




I was so reminded of these verses:

God continued, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everything living after you. I'm putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. From now on, when I form a cloud over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll remember my covenant between me and you and everything living….. When the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll see it and remember the eternal covenant between God and everything living, every last living creature on Earth".

Genesis 9:12-16 (The Message)


----------


#istillstandformercy

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments