Mother's Day 2013: A Mother's Heart

By Melissa - Monday, May 13, 2013

As I held my friend's little guy close to my heart yesterday, his thick, jet-black hair brushing against my chin, smelling ever so sweet with that lovely baby scent, I thought about family and all that it means.


I love that family is God's idea, I love that creating is one of God's greatest attributes and I am forever grateful that He made women, and placed within them a "maternal heart". 





----------


Dearest Mee,

Of all that you've done for me, I am most thankful that you taught me to love the Lord YOUR God with all MY heart, soul and strength. Thank you for allowing Him to be Lord of my life and being willing to surrender me back into His care, even if it came at the cost of me leaving home, growing up into my own person and having my own wishes and dreams. Above all, thank you for being a mother who loves persistently, encourages consistently and forgives easily. 


Love you to the moon and back, more than all the stars in the sky...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments