Travel Log - KL (December 2014)

By Melissa - Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I have not been spared from many things in 2014, and Work was no different. I had plenty on my plate, Work took up a big portion of it and that was alright because I am most contented when I am learning.

Busy days and a packed schedule left little room for personal vacations, so when I signed off from work last Friday, my heart leaped for joy and I swear... I could hear heavenly choruses chiming in the air.

This trip was long overdue (The last time I was there was NINE months ago!) and this time around, I brought my two favourites along with me.


------------


Saturday (Dec 27th, 2014)

AM: Left our abode at 6:40am and the drive was very leisurely - sparse traffic and lovely weather.


Noon: We arrived in KL at noon, and headed for our first fill of the day.





Afterwards, we zoomed off to MV - The Gardens, and did our fair share in consumerism (read: shopping, lots of shopping). The post-Christmas sales were too good to pass on.



PM: Dinner at Madam Kwan's and dessert, times two.


Nasi Bojari.





Banana Fritters (divided into three portions) to make way for a second helping of dessert later on. 





Soft serve ice-cream with honeycomb.


We arrived at Rosanne's a little after 10pm, washed up and spent the rest of the night laughing and catching up on goss.



Sunday (Dec 28th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast at my favourite boulangerie in town.







Eggs Florentine - Two perfect mounds of soft-boiled eggs, over spinach and white button mushrooms, lightly seared with Gruyere cheese sauce. 



Noon: We surveyed the goods at Bangsar Village, purchased a couple of things and moved on to greener pastures, Pavilion KL. 


Cold pressed juice for lunch.



PM: Supper for four - KL skyline as our backdrop, a bottle of red (only for the adults), patisseries from (what *this* golden tongued babe dubs as) the best bakery in town, mirth of the holiday season and some of the people that I treasure most in life with me... Life doesn't get any grander than this.











Monday (Dec 29th, 2014)

AM: Dim sum with Rosanne and her family.


Noon: Pepper Lunch Express, before we left KL for Penang.


Snapped a pic of Matt's lunch instead of my own, because mine looked pathetically bare without corn and spring onions. 



PM: Sugary treat for the journey home.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments