Travel Log - KL (March 2014)

By Melissa - Monday, March 24, 2014

This post isn't much of a travel log, the trip felt more like a homecoming.

Work was riding on me pretty hard these past couple of weeks, my personal schedule was full to the gills with appointments and ministry-related items, and I could feel the walls of Life closing in on me.

That's when I realised that everything within me was pining for some alone time

So, I made a solo road trip down to KL this past weekend to simmer down, collect myself and unwind. And for the past 36 hours, I have been doing just that...


------------


Saturday (March 22nd, 2014)

AM: My alarm blared at 4:45am, I lumbered to the bathroom and took a warm shower. When I was all set to go, I knocked on my parents' door, entered their room, hugged and kissed them goodbye and was on my way by 5:15am.

Throughout the journey, I witnessed the slow shedding of the cloak of the onyx sky, only to bring forth a stunning sunrise. 

3 hours passed in the blink of an eye, as I indulged in spending those hours pouring my heart to Him, leaning in to His presence and worshipping Him. 

I arrived in KL at 8:30am, checked in to my room and collapsed into bed for a quick shut-eye; feeling ridiculously ecstatic that Digi provides LTE coverage in KL.


Noon: I met up with a dear friend for lunch (He shuns the spotlight and loves anonymity. Hence, he shall be known as KL Dood on Chatty Lass). 

We had Sri Nirwana Maju's banana leaf set for lunch...




... with sides of real life stories, experiences and heaps of laughter. Just the way I like lunch to be, but don't get to do often enough. 

KL Dood and I parted ways late in the afternoon.

I made my way to some of my favourite shopping malls and had a ball there.







Tea time snack.








PM: On my maiden trip to Jakarta last year, my boss and I had dinner at Din Tai Fung during one of the nights when we were there.

I remembered the food being pretty good, so I visited the branch at The Gardens Mall. I was not disappointed.


Award-winning meat dumplings. They were scrumptious.





I only managed to finish half of the portion. The rice was fluffy, fragrant and lightly flavoured. I enjoyed this (minus the spring onions).



Sunday (March 23rd, 2014)

AM: Got up, showered and checked out of the hotel. 

My friend promised to bring me to Yeast Boulangerie for breakfast when we spoke last week. I've heard incredible reviews of the French bakery-cum-bistro and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that I was more than eager to visit it. 

The interior was gorgeously Parisian, and it was bustling with activity when we arrived. 

I ordered...


Two perfectly done soft-boiled eggs over spinach and mushrooms, glazed with Gruyere cheese sauce.





Close-up.


It was utterly divine. 

The bread was rustic and crusty, the mounds of egg oozed into the cheese sauce at the gentle poke of a fork. 

I cracked some salt and pepper into them and proceeded to dip a piece of the torn roll into the sauce... Savoury richness in my mouth.

Safe to say, I'll be paying Yeast Boulangerie another visit the next time I'm in KL. 


Noon: After a hearty breakfast (PLUS industry goss, fashion mishaps and make-up gone wrong stories), all of us hitched a ride in one car to KLCC for a midday workout (read: shopping).




PM: I left KL at 3:30pm and reached the shores of the island at 7pm. 


------------


Now, at 12:40am, less than 6 hours upon being back in Penang... I'm sifting through my schedule to slot in another visit. 

Gotta be something about the water (or air) in KL...



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments