The Week In Review - Woman In Black, Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs + They're Back!

By Melissa - Friday, February 27, 2015


Some of this week's musings and a few pics...


----------


1. Woman in black.

I love the colour black, to put it mildly.

I mean, I do have some brightly colored pieces in my closet, but I tend to favor neutral colours most of the time (think J Crew, Acne Studios, Banana Republic - one of my go-to brands).

After years of discovering and developing my own style, I've come to realize that:

1. Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication - Many thanks for the quote, Leonardo da Vinci.

2. Trends are meant to be filtered, ruthlessly - Not every piece that is sashayed down the runway is meant for my body shape. So, I take in the good and toss out the bad.

3. Quality over quantity - Silhouette-flattering cuts, great material and well-crafted lining (it's a good way to judge the quality) are some of the things that I am more than willing to fork out for when I'm choosing a purchase.

I have black tops in every cutting imaginable, my staple colour for dresses is always black and I adore my Zara skinnies in… you guessed it right, black.


What you see is five black dresses in various lengths and design. In reality, I have at least 5 more dresses in black which are too large for my body size now.


Not that their opinions matter to me in any way or will induce any style change from me, but there have been people who have commented (be it directly or indirectly) about my preferences, and to them I'd like to say:










2. Mondays are for lounging around the house in jammies.

Final day off for CNY 2015. Making the most out of it by having breakfast food at 1pm.


Herbal tea • Cheese omelette with thyme • Frozen blueberries




3. Organic yoghurt + smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on wholegrain toast.

Otherwise known as today's breakfast and lunch combo.


Breakfast - Organic yoghurt and fresh mulberries.





Lunch - Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on a slice of wholegrain toast.








4. The parentals are back on Malaysian soil today.

They've been away in Japan for a whole week, and they were having the time of their lives there. Just look at the two of them being daredevils in the snow...



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments