Welcoming Embrace

By Melissa - Friday, January 08, 2010

I wrote this piece of correspondence to my Worship Team this morning.

After putting a little thought to it, I decided to paraphrase a portion of what I wrote to them here, with a little expounding involved.



"Morning lovely and precious ones.

As I made my way downstairs this morning, I was greeted with excited yaps and hyperactive jumps from Max. Bending down and scooping him into my arms, I was slobbered all over with kisses.

As a mumma (well, owner if you would have it that way), it makes me so very fulfilled to know that I have someone who thinks the world of me and gets so enthusiastic at the very sight of me.

It doesn't matter if Max did some naughty things the night before. Seeing the sparkle in his eyes in wanting nothing more than to spend some time with me, it melts my heart.

With this happening so fresh in my mind, it sparked something within me to share this with you.

I want to encourage you to approach the throne of God and enter into His presence with that same enthusiasm, passion and fervour.

It doesn't matter if your day has been rough-going, it doesn't matter if you feel as though you have nothing to say to God. Don't let anything hinder or rob you of your precious, irreplaceable time with God.

Go to Him, unload everything and let His presence saturate you. Let His love and comforting arms embrace you.

He is your Heavenly Daddy. He made you and He is excited to hear from you. He loves to hear from you. He loves spending time with you.

I love you and I can't wait to see as well as serve with you this weekend.

Heaps of hugs,
Melissa."


As for myself, I often picture it as a welcoming embrace.

I love going to my Daddy for hugs, having my cheeks peppered with kisses. At the very moment when that takes place, the only image formed in my mind is of the amount of love my Dad has for me.

The feeling is likewise, when I spend time worshipping and being in the presence of God.

Run into His arms and let His welcoming embrace envelope you. You wouldn't - ever - want to leave that embrace.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments