Weekday Gathering: Fine Dining at Five27

By Melissa - Thursday, March 27, 2014

The entire S&M division at CM were en route to Five27 after work, to celebrate a farewell dinner for one of our superiors tonight.


The entrance was unimposing, but the same can't be said upon entering the premise of the restaurant. 

The place was an amalgamation of modern chic and rustic heritage done right.

.

.

.

.

.


Downstairs.





Upstairs - Bar area. They have a live band playing here every weekend.





Open air courtyard with marbled tables and wooden chairs.

----------


Everyone arrived at varying times, and by 7:30,  most of us were at the table and ready to order. 

I gave the appetisers a miss, and went on to choose my main course and dessert. 

Tonight was a momentous night for me as I tasted oxtail soup for the first time in 24+ years of being alive. Not by choice, though. (P/S: I only consume chicken, fish and pork, on occasions.)

My boss' oxtail soup was set before him and after several mouthfuls, he noticed that I wasn't having any soup/salad. He placed his bowl on my placemat and said, "Try some." When I sheepishly shook my head, he grinned and said, "Try some laaaaaaaa." I had one spoonful, and it was alright. However, I wasn't too crazy about the scent of the soup.

Dinner was...


The fish was done sublimely - The texture of the fish was maintained and I liked that it wasn't heavily spiced. Hence, the mild flavour of the sea bass was noticeably enhanced when paired with the tangy gremolata.




The Chardonnay was a splendid complement to my fish.





I've always loved to end my meals on a sweet note and this polenta was very yummy. I liked this heaps.


----------


The staff at Five27 were friendly, attentive and polite. It's a place that I wouldn't mind coming back to, if I wanted to splurge on a meal and luxuriate in a relaxing ambiance. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments