Confession is Good for the Soul

By Melissa - Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I have used this line almost too often, simply because I believe in being forthright and honest in life. And, I tell it to everyone I know, all the time.


When I wrote *this* post, not many people understood the price that came with coming back to family and familiarity.

Now, after being back for almost 1.5 months and after working for 2.5 weeks, my confession is this: I miss doing life in KL.

I miss my rented room, minimally decorated but sufficiently furnished.
I miss having an attached bathroom.
I miss driving on highways.
I miss the energy buzz of the city life.
I miss falling asleep to the sound of traffic.
I miss the many tall buildings and skyscrapers.

I miss everything about my life in KL. 

Somehow, I'm home but not quite.

I don't know if it's because I've been living on my own for too long. Or, if it's just a sudden bout of overwhelming emotions. I think about the 'what-could-have-been'-s all the time and wonder if I settled for second best. Perhaps, I should have pushed a little harder to get what I wanted, go a little further for it and give it another shot, just because.

So, for tonight, my confession is this: I miss doing life in KL.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments