Travel Log - Kota Kinabalu (Jan 2015) | Part TWO

By Melissa - Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thursday (Jan 8th, 2015)

AM: Left home at 8:45am for the airport. Arrived at 9:00am, checked in my relatively small luggage (It managed to house three pairs of heels and three dresses!) and met up with the rest of the group.

Quickly munched down some breakkie while waiting to board the plane. This was breakfast:


Homemade blueberry juice with chia seeds and a muesli bar.



Noon: Arrived in KK at 12:30pm. Hugged the bride-to-be, hauled my luggage into the boot of the car and we were well on our way for lunch.

We stopped at a well-known beef soup noodles restaurant for lunch. Since I don't ingest anything other than chicken, fish and the occasional pork, my order was: noodles only, no meat and no spring onions.


The lady got two-thirds of my order right.


PM: Wedding rehearsal, quick dinner and prep for the bride-to-be's last lunch as a single gal, happening the next day. When I finally tumbled into the sweet arms of my bed, I checked the clock and realized that it was already 2:00am. Whoops...



Friday (Jan 9th, 2015)

AM: Plucked myself out of bed, indulged in a long warm shower, sat in front of the mirror and made myself up.


Noon: Eeleen's bachelorette luncheon.


My order - English Fish (sea bass) & Chips. 





The bride and her bridesmaid contingent from Penang.





The bride and yours truly.



PM: I was to meet a friend for tea, but there was a last minute cancellation. I decided to go out anyway and had the best couple of hours of my time in KK.

I visited the Sunset Bar in Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa with two friends and stayed there till late evening. It was pure bliss; watching the glimmering turquoise sea, feeling the sun go down on my skin while sipping a glass of wine.

For pics of the breathtaking sunset, check out *Part ONE* of this travel log.








Cabernet Sauvignon.





Shared between the three of us - Grilled Teriyaki Wings.





Admiring the vista.



Later on, we picked up one of the wedding guest from the airport and headed for dinner.





Saturday (Jan 10th, 2015)

AM: Woke up while it was still pitch dark outside, and began preparing for The Day.








All of us with the bride. Congratulations once again, babe!



PM: Wedding dinner.





Sunday (Jan 11th, 2015)

AM: Visited the local Sunday market at Gaya Street.


Breakfast. The eggs were too runny for my liking. I like my half-boiled eggs to be three-quarter done.





Chanced upon some SUPER cute fridge magnets and bought a few on the spot.



PM: Arrived at the airport at 6:15pm, waited in line (the queue was preposterously long) for an hour to check in my luggage, boarded the plane at 7:40pm and landed in Penang at 10:30pm.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments