The Week In Review - iPhone 6, Love Package from Jakarta + Happy Birthday, Boss!

By Melissa - Friday, September 26, 2014


Monday (Sept 22nd, 2014)

AM - PM: Blogged about the day *here* and identified with Joan Rivers' break from the grave and her brag about the coveted iPhone 6. Developed an elephantine lust for the iconic device after trying it out (still not a big fan of the design, however).



Tuesday (Sept 23rd, 2014)

AM: I tossed and turned, huffed and puffed restlessly and finally sat up in bed at 4:50am; contemplating the vastness of universe.

How I wish that were the case...

Since my rest was already hampered, I might as well milk it. Slipped Aelwen out of her case, powered her on and began writing.

An hour and a half later, I was en route to the office. When I arrived, I saw this package on my desk.





Ripped the packaging apart and noticed that there was a card attached.


Awww... *heart melts*


Turns out, it was from a colleague-turned-friend I made when I was in Jakarta for work last year. Due to my newfound work responsibilities from the onset of this year and the abounding work projects I'm handling at the moment, I was unable to travel there this year.

She sent Tate (yes, I named my stuffed duck) back with my colleague when he was there last week.


Noon: Vegetable chowder with garlic toast.





PM: Organized a birthday dinner celebration for my boss. I've been working with him for 1.5 years now, and he's an amazing boss; kind, a jester, we get along really well and above all, we have mutual respect for one another (which was never demanded, but freely given).


Cutting up his birthday cake, after blowing out the numbered candles.



Wednesday (Sept 24th, 2014)

AM: Breakfast bowl - Cherry yoghurt with golden kiwi, blueberries, muesli, macadamia nut nibs and organic chia seeds.





Noon: Vegetable chowder and mini baguette bread.






Thursday (Sept 25th, 2014)

AM - PM: Busy, busy, busy.




Friday (Sept 26th, 2014)

AM: Golden kiwi, green kiwi and blueberries with Greek yoghurt. 





Noon: Doggy bag from home (not pictured).


PM: Work event, till late. Plus, an early start tomorrow. 

My entire being is pleading incessantly for a break, a real one - no mobile devices, no tending to emails; just a good book to get lost in and a glass of wine (or tea and bikkie).

I took a glance at my work and social schedule and tell myself that the beaches of Boracay will have to wait just a little longer...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments