Overheard: "And There Are... Potato Girls"

By Melissa - Thursday, May 22, 2014

I was out for dinner with Tinki Talks and JZ last night. We selected Chilli's Grill & Bar Restaurant as our dinner venue, got a table and ordered...





... to share. (One of my favourite things to order at Chilli's. Was elated to find out that Tinki Talks liked it too, so we were able to share this. Thanks, babe!)


Not long after we were there, a group of three college kids (two guys and a gal) entered and sat next to our booth. 

JZ was well-behaved all through dinner time, but he lost interest in the crayons after awhile and since I was rather full after my first wrap, I took him for a walk outside while his Mummy continued eating.

He pointed at all the lights we saw along the way, uttered a couple of things in baby language (which I don't get) and it was incredibly adorable. We stopped to see some of the older children have their turn at the bungee trampoline and he mimicked them, effervescently (Too cute!).

We returned inside after that, and Tinki Talks smiled at me with a cheeky glint in her eyes. She leaned in and said in a low but excited voice, "OMG, you are not gonna believe what I just heard!". And, being the inquisitive person that I am, I immediately responded with, "What is it?"

I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or roll my eyes till the heavens come down at what I heard. In Tinki's own words...


She ordered a plate of mashed potatoes. When one of the guys with her asked her why she's just eating mashed potatoes and nothing else, she replied smugly, "There are hot girls, there are pretty girls, and there are.. potato girls."


She's proud to call herself a POTATO GIRL?! Must have conked her head on the headboard when she woke up that morning.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments