One Good Turn Deserves Another

By Melissa - Thursday, May 22, 2014




I was facing a low period in my life several months back, when I just had so much on my plate to handle that I didn't know how or where to begin.

And then, *this* lovely gesture happened over dinner one of the nights and it truly lifted my spirit.

Today, I did a quick drop-in at the mall to grab some essentials. I hurriedly got what I needed, headed back to my car and was about to enter it when I was stopped by the same lady (the manager of Dragon-i) and I could see that she had no recollection of who I was. She asked (in a rather distressed tone) if there was by any chance that I had extra parking coupons with me and explained that she ran out of them.

I reached into my glove box, tore off several copies and told her not to worry about it.

God is truly magnificent. He positions us at an exact location for a specific time (Esther 4:14 - "For such a time as this" comes to mind) to be blessed during our time of need or to be a blessing to others in their moment of need.

The sweet lady might not remember who I was or how much her little act of good will meant to me, but I'm certainly averred today that we never really know how far the ripples of our kindness go and oh... what joy it is to be used as His vessel of blessing.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments