The Weekend That Was - Good Friday, Sweaty Saturday & Easter Sunday

By Melissa - Monday, April 21, 2014


Friday (April 18th, 2014)

AM: Work.

PM: Dashed home after work for a quick shower and got ready for Good Friday service. I gobbled down dinner and was out of the house by 7pm for music practice.

By the time I got home from church, it was close to midnight (We had one final music practice for our performance on Sunday after service). My schedule was pretty jam-packed last week, and I was physically enervated by then.

But, having my BFF over that night, along with copious amounts of laughter (plus, instant noodles supper at 1am) was so lifting for my soul that bodily exhaustion seemed obscure.


Saturday (April 19th, 2014)

AM: My alarm trumpeted at 6:45am and I was out of bed by 7am (I only utilised the snooze button once).

We arrived in church at 8:20am and headed to Monkey Beach for a hiking trip a little while after.





PM: Reached home at 6:30pm, after spending an entire day outdoors. 

Soaking up the sun and feeling the salty air leave a sticky film on my skin was surprisingly comforting after a hectic week. 

My initial plan to bask in the glory of a hot shower and sink with reckless abandon into the loving arms of my bed was cut short when The Little Uncle rang me up for a night-out with him. 





Sunday (April 20th, 2014)

AM: Church. 


With my Easter Production team.


We did a medley of Darlene Zschech's Yours Forever and Bill Gaither's Because He Lives.

It was stunning. 

God showed up and showed off, so much so that I choked up and fought hard to not lose it and bawl like a baby on stage. I was so reminded that through it all, He loves me - uniquely, passionately and more than any person can.


PM: Fresh flowers for my maternal grandparents on Easter. I miss being their granddaughter every day.





------------




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments