Monday Blues Begone - Pedigree (Dog Food) + Shepherd's Pie

By Melissa - Tuesday, July 22, 2014


AM: Work.

My boss returned to the office after a lengthy business trip to Japan, and he came back bearing gifts. One of the goodies was this tidbit...

.

.

.

.

.




... which looked alarmingly similar to Max's treat.


I inadvertently mentioned it to Santa, who chuckled, shook his head and clacked his tongue; all in mock reproach. 

Afterwards, he waved the snack at me, whistled, said "Come here, girl... Come here..." and tore of the packaging. He took a bite and uttered the following:

Santa: *cheerfully* Hey! This thing tastes exactly like Pedigree!

Me: *bursts out laughing* HAHAHAHAHAHA. How do YOU know what Pedigree tastes like? Snuck in a taste when you fed Rocky-Bobo (I couldn't remember his dog's name and by fluke, spewed out whatever name which came to mind at that moment) is it? 

Santa: *taken aback* Uhhhhh...

Me: *still laughing* I know what to get you for Christmas if I draw your name at this year's gift exchange - A can of Pedigree dog food! HAHAHAHAHA.

Santa: *defensively* No laaaa... I said that the snack tasted like Pedigree because it smells pretty similar to my dog's food. I feed him (the dog) Pedigree canned food.

Me: Not a very good save, dood. *whistles* Come here boy, come here. HAHAHAHA. 


Noon: Lunch plate - Shepherd's Pie (minus the pastry).


With sauteed spinach and grilled portobello mushroom as sides.


------------


Related post(s):

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments