The Second Week

By Melissa - Thursday, February 24, 2011

It needs to be said yet again that God is amazing, truly incredible.

His Word states that He is the SAME yesterday, today and forever. Situations in life affirms that. Changes in life reminds us of that. Our lives, our everyday lives, it is a testament of His generous promise.

I realised how important perspective is in life; how we view what comes our way, how we react to the happenings in our lives.

Setting our hearts and minds to begin each day with fresh perspective of The Cross, seeking to have a pure heart, renewing our minds and spirit in Him, what an amazing difference it makes!

My heart is steadfast on living a life that is without compromise for Him.

That does not mean being rigid, isolated from the rest of the world or sucked out of any fun. It means CHOOSING to be set apart for His cause.

I never want to put a price on holiness. I never want to trade holiness for anything or anyone else.

In a world that is getting from bad to worse, in a world that is so depraved, it doesn’t need another person to add in and join the bandwagon.

Our world needs the truth, His truth.

His truth and His story, they are not demonstrated on the pulpit. The best sermons are not heard from the pulpit, they are seen through our lives.

I don’t want to be the person who is a leader in church, but is not first and foremost the follower of Christ. I don’t want to be the person who sings in church, but the words of my mouth unedifying.

Our lives, how we do life with full awareness of Christ living IN us, that puts us in leadership position. We lead people to Christ with our lives.

Our lives are the best song written for Him. There is much to be done; our song is not yet complete. There is still another chorus waiting to be written, a tag silently resounding in our hearts, inputted by our Almighty Composer.

When the end beckons and we sashay with joy to our Heavenly Dwelling, our lives’ song will be sung in the hearts of those who have heard. It will be the sweetest sound that rises up to the heavens.

It’s getting late, I guess there isn’t much coherence to this entry as an overall observation, at least that is what my proof-reading judgement tells me.

My heart is full, my soul confident in the favour of the Lord.


Much much love,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments