Letter to a Dearly Beloved

By Melissa - Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yesterday’s assignment: Write a letter congratulating YOURSELF on something you did especially well today. Perhaps, it is staying on a diet or avoiding someone who usually gives you grief, or taking procrastination to a new high.


*


“Dearest Melissa,


I commend you for your outstanding effort in pulling yourself off from bed this morning. I know how inviting the bed was, how charming the little peek-a-boo game Sunshine played with you was and how much you actually wanted to pass off the session. However, you managed to resist the charms of snoozing and staying in bed for just a little bit more. You arose from your bed, planted your feet on your heart-shaped mat and marched towards the toilet as soon as you heard your alarm ring. What a champ! I am so proud of you! {pats on the back}

I am also praising your effort in making mental exercises, you know, planning in your head, for workout sessions. You have got to start somewhere, and preparing the mind is of crucial importance. Now, if you could only act on what you have in mind, that would tremendously awesome!

Your decision to be prudent and thrifty, managing to hold your horses and not buy impulsively really deserves a mention. You not only realised the value of money, you are becoming quite the budgeter! I look forward to see more of that. And who knows? Maybe with the two years’ worth of allowance’s saving, you would be able to get that Kate Spade handbag/Burberry trench coat that you have been eyeing since forever.

It is amazing how you begin each day anticipating what it holds, and approaching it with fervour and enthusiasm in Christ. It makes all the difference, and getting by each day sweeter than the day before.

I love you, and I am proud of you. I know that you love me back. {hugs myself tightly}


Loving you and I think that you’re really awesome,
Melissa.



*


P/S: I should get top marks for this. A little narcissism goes a long way. :p


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments