The Presence of God

By Melissa - Sunday, July 11, 2010

I am still processing through this weekend, even as I am writing this.

My heart is SO full, my Spirit is strengthened and my soul is contented.

For months, I’ve been lifting up my youth group (Youth Impact) and church in prayer.

My deepest desire is for God to break us through into the next level - greater heights and deeper intimacy.

My heart has been crying out for this. My heart is aching for more.

This is one of the experiences with God that is utterly BREATHTAKING. I find it difficult to look for words to come quite close to what I am feeling.

It is safe to say that I am at a loss for words.

I wept and wept in the presence of God. I wept with tears of thankfulness flowing out of a grateful heart.

In my 6.5 years of worship leading, I’ve never led worship without a song list and its’ sequence.

Today, was the day I did that. Not on my own accord, I dutifully obeyed what God wants for us (Worship Team) to do.

I availed of myself. “Not my will, Lord, but yours. Not by my intellect, but by Your Sovereign Might and Spirit.”

I am SO glad that I obeyed.

The church was blessed, the team was blessed, I was blessed and most importantly, His presence graced over the entire sanctuary.

In Psalm 43:4, it says that the altar of God is OUR joy and delight.

The altar of God is where the presence of God dwells. (I promise to write a post solely concerning the altar of God.)

And in His presence, there is fullness of joy, liberty, healing, deliverance, redemption, wholesomeness and outstretched welcoming arms of love.

In His presence, we find EVERYTHING we need. Truly.

There is nothing like the presence of God. There is nothing like being His vessel, receiving an infilling of His presence directly from the throne of God.

I am ruined for all else.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments