Melodies from the Heart

By Melissa - Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I’ll be truthful; I am a lousy keyboard player. Really. I refused to read notes, I (still do) loathe doing it. I was SO insistent on learning basic chords and basic chords alone.

I came home today, burnt out. All I wanted to do was to switch on the air-conditioner, crawl under the covers, rest my head on the pillow and sleep (for about a hundred years).

My whole body was aching for that, but my heart says otherwise.

I decided to obey my heart’s prompting.

I relieved my mind from the visage of my warm bed, and reluctantly dragged my feet to my keyboard.

I sat on the stool, chose a song and let my fingers do the work.

They trailed up, down and over the keys.

I began to sing. It wasn’t just my mouth singing, it was my heart and all that is within me singing.

Soon after, I couldn’t continue singing. I choked up. Tears were pooling in my eyes.

The songs sung today, the melodies played, were unlike any other.

The songs I sang are familiar songs, songs I've sung before in church over and over again. However, the experience and revelation is NEW every single time. It’s FRESH. It’s precious and irreplaceable.

Come to think of it, the angels in heaven have been singing that SAME song, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is and who is to come” (Revelation 4:8) since the beginning of time and they never tire of singing it.

Psalms 33, 96, 149 speak of "singing a NEW song".

It is not just in reference to writing new songs, it is to also grasp new and fresh revelation from already written songs.

The reason as to why the angels never tire of singing that song (and they will continue to do so for all eternity) is because (I believe) there is NO END to the majesty and greatness of our Glorious King.

Every day, a new encounter. A fresh infilling of His presence. A new facet to who He is. A discovery of the miraculous wonders, daily.

Henceforth, let your song to Him be NEW every day.

Let your song sung be melodies from your heart, composed as a medley mirroring His heart.


*


Related post(s):

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments