My Loved One

By Melissa - Thursday, November 26, 2009

My 20(++) year old body is no longer a sport for pulling an all-nighter or for being in debt with sleep.

My peepers are pleading for some shut-eye, as they are about to fall off their sockets. Physically, I am still agile, if you ignore the droopy shoulders.

However, enough grouchiness.

I hurriedly raced home today.

I shuffled my feet to the familiar object which I so love, bringing both joy and comfort to my soul through the years.

I sat at its’ stool and let my fingers do the talking. They began to trail up, down and over the keys. A simple melody was played, and my mouth began to sing.

I don’t know if my head sang, but I am certain it was my heart bursting forth in words of adoration.

I felt strength coasting through my weakened state.

I could feel the tender arms of my Loved One drawing me close to Him, tucking me under the safety of His wing.

I bared my soul to Him and I am greeted with kisses from heaven. I know with an eternal assurance, the amount of love He has for me.

I have never been left alone to fend for myself, not for a second.

Huge storms could be raging around me, waves crashing over me and the thunders roaring, but He is with me on that boat.

He was then, He is now and He always will be.

It was truly unimaginable pleasure, moments in life that I so live for.

P/S: With my thesis paper completed (Topic: How the Universe Came into Being, Scientific and Religious Views), I am blown away by the magnitude of my Loved One. So. Blown. Away.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments