Make It Yours

By Melissa - Friday, April 24, 2009


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This shot was taken on the April 12th, 2009.


--------------------


I've been terribly busy. My days are hectic and filled, loaded with assignments and researches to be done. Despite the tiredness, I still love what I am doing right now.

Anyways, with some spare time in my hands right now, I am going to address and answer some of the questions posed to me.

I was asked on what I meant when I wrote the quote, "Life Is What You Make It", part of my Life's Lessons series. I will explicate the reason as to why I chose and wrote that *points above* as my mantra.

To me, no matter what circumstance or situation you are in, unless you lose your footing and refuse to stand your ground, then you would have (I assume) HANDED OVER the reins of your life for someone else to take charge. In a way, you allowed and invited someone else into your life to be your gatekeeper, where all decisions reached have to be vetted first by them.

Now, if that is the case, then I would suggest for you to stop reading this post from this point forth. (Note: I said this POST, not this B-L-O-G.) If you are still maintaining the upper hand over your life, keep reading.

Continuing where I left off, your life is what you make it. Be it a successful but never contented life, an arrogant and supercilious life, a life where you are constantly trying to prove yourself and stamp your mark in history or a fulfilled life where you are not bothered by the curveballs that life throws at you.

You see, one too many times, because we are wired to think in a mentality constantly drummed into us by our society, we live our lives aiming to please without actual purpose or innate passion. We ride along with our peers, afraid to go against the flow, to move along in the opposite direction.

Like when we chance upon a song our ears find favourable, it will be on our favourite's list. Give it a couple of hours or days, the repeat mode will be set for the playing of that track. Likewise with us, sooner or later, exposure to that frequency eventually causes us to attune the music of our life to: Life is already pre-ordered, set in advance for us.

What I have just mentioned, if at any point any person tries to tell you that, unapologetically, it is utter fallacy. This life is yours, no one can take that away from you, unless you made a conscious decision to put it up for adoption, of which I am certain you would regret in time to come.

Point is, when life does not require lemonade, what do you do with the lemons in your hands? Do you continue to be a stubborn mule and persist in making lemonade, or do you change your style and make lemon meringue pie instead, and in that process, also learn something?

If you have chosen to be that foolish mule, be prepared for a life filled with heartache and unfulfillment, where everything around you falls short of your expectation because you are not willing to change and adapt. Whereas, if you would alter your recipe to suit the occasion without forgetting the main ingredient, diligently refining it, look forward to a fulfilled life without horizons.

Reigning over your life is not easy. Sure, it's tough, lots of determination, tenacity, perseverance and lessons are needed to complete it with flying colours. But, with a little help from my Heavenly Daddy coupled with a teachable spirit, I find it such a joy, life.


Make your life your own today, because your life is what you make it!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments