Life's Lesson ( 4 )

By Melissa - Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Life is what you make it.

Melissa Cheah - 15th April 2009

---------------
The above quote is my life's mantra. I believe in it, I hold on to it, because it changed my world.

I have not been updating my blog as frequently as I'd like to. Only because, my Dear Readers, my hands are full with so much to do, plus my days are going by in a blitz, some of the good days I mean.

I am not exactly jumping for joy right now, neither am I a grouch with a sore wound. I have seen better days, and I've come across much more pleasant people, instead of drones who suck the living juice right out of me.

Anyhoo, my thoughts are all over the place. Do allow me to gather the stranded pieces before something of rampant importance tramples on them and those thoughts are forever embedded in a part of my mind labelled as 'History'.

I have been dreadfully forgetful recently.

One morning while hurrying to college, I dashed down the flight of stairs and remembered that I had left my cell phone in my room. I rushed upstairs, turned the door knob and grabbed my cell phone. When I reached the end of the stairs, I realised instead of my cell phone, I had the air-conditioner remote in my clutches. So, running up the stairs again, reaching the top and panting, I quickly made sure it was my cell phone which was clenched in my fist, before thundering down the steps.

It would be embarassing to reveal the number of times I have to drag my feet back and forth, from my room to the bathroom (Actually, I can't even remember the exact number). Either because I forgot my towel, missed my hair conditioner or left my shower cap on my dressing table.

Also, while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and having a shower this morning, I somehow slipped and fell. Now, I have ugly blue-green bruises on my knee and thigh.

So I plead to you,

Miss Forgetfulness, it is time you and I bid farewell to each other. You have done enough damage. Do gimmie a break already. I am holding Miss Clumsy and Miss Amnesia as collateral for a ransom of leaving me alone, for the restoration of my mental faculty to take place.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments