Pineapple tarts

By Melissa - Saturday, February 07, 2009

Pineapple tarts are my favourite cookies, or more accurately the only ones that I like. During Chinese New Year, we have to adhere to the mores of house visitations, as an indication of respect.

Hence, each home visited will usually display their array of homemade cookies for visitors to sample. I have to (grudgingly, at times) sample the cookies, out of obligatory respect (or the infamous Chinese colloquialism, 'give face'). In my years of cookie-sampling, I have tasted some of the best, melt-in-your-mouth cookies as well as those dry enough to rival Sahara Desert, rock-hard ones. This year however, I (respectfully) decline those which I know can make my teeth shatter to powdery bits.

Anyhow, Ashton's mummy gave Le Family a box of pineapple shortcakes. I officiated it as dessert after tonight's dinner. I believe I have found the best mass produced pineapple tarts. Coupled with intricate design and packaging, it is definitely sitting on the top of my favourites' list.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The box



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Individual packaging



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The pineapple shortcake
( B
uttery crust with sweet and tangy pineapple jam )


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments