Sheer Contentment

By Melissa - Saturday, January 31, 2009

I had a Chinese New Year reunion dinner (read: A long, boring gathering with relatives whom I'd rather avoid) yesterday. Lots of meat plus MY potato salad.

It is an absolute must-have in any BBQ party. It has become a signature dish of mine. Some of my friends swear by it, citing it is the best one they have ever eaten. I am so flattered to receive such high acclaim for a simple dish *grins sheepishly*

Anyhoo, I walked through the gate and my eyes were riveted at the cutest little boy.

He smiled at me and after some coaxing, he leapt into my arms. Once I held him in my arms, I was reluctant to let him go. He has beautifully round hazel eyes and long lashes to frame it.

I played with him the entire night. He seems to have a fondness for items with buttons. We spent the evening discovering the dryer. He was fascinated by it. He seemed to enjoy opening the door (dryer's), taking out a piece of laundry, putting it back in and closing the door while I looked on.

It was a lovely night with a slight breeze so I bundled him in my arms for a stroll. The evening ended with him cupping my face in his tiny hands and having little kisses planted on all over my face, under a moonlit sky.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments