Hanging out

By Melissa - Monday, December 29, 2008

I have been asked before if I was anti-social due to my lack of hanging out with huge groups of people. I have been accused of being arrogant, old-fashioned and the whole pertaining attributes to highlight one point: that I am a loner.

I am not even batting an eyelid or by any chance bothered.

But the thing is this, I much prefer to hang out with people whom I know, trust (This is something else I have yet to blog about. I do not trust people easily.) and feel comfortable with. What is the point of going out in a large group but only, actually being able to carry off a decent conversation with only one or two of the entire lot? I do not see the point to it. I also absolutely detest taking pictures, making tons of online albums, posting the pictures and bragging about it. What is the purpose of it? (That question was rhetorical.)

The whole idea I am trying to sell right here is these moments are private and personal.

Pictures do capture the moment, yes, but in the end, all we recall is the rawness during the time spent. Honest-to-God moments where you are not afraid to let loose, be silly and laugh so much, your jaw will feel stiff and your stomach, ached.


And did I also mention that I love shopping alone? When you see me alone shopping, don't for a moment, feel sorry for me. I seriously adore being alone at times, to not be bothered and be left that way.

I am my own person, and proud of it.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments