Resolutions for 2009

By Melissa - Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here I am, sitting in front of my PC, Baskin Robbins ice-cream tub in one hand and the other trying to complete this entry. As I am preparing to welcome in the New Year tonight, many thoughts rekindle itself in my mind. So fast has 2008 passed, in a few hours it'll be 2009. A new dawn, a fresh start, new challenges coming our way.

Now, I don't have New Year resolutions. Don't look forward to see me setting targets to achieve and making the effort to be sugar, spice and everything nice. A very long time ago, I decided to turn over a new leaf and I created a list in conjunction with the celebrated event. Topping the list was to be less critical and more civil. My list was rendered as obsolete and useless in less than 2hrs of it being created. I tried very hard to control my sharp tongue but in the end, I decided to give in. The person at the receiving end was amused to learn that I ACTUALLY considered at all to make an effort to be mild-mannered. So, I conceded, New Year resolutions are definitely not for someone like me.


Though, I'd like to toast to believing for greater things in 2009.


To my precious Saviour and King,
Words just fail me when I think back of Your wondrous love and amazing grace for me. I will never cease to serve and worship you. I am yours forevermore.

To my family,

Thanks for being such a wonderful family. Daddy and Mummy, thank you for bearing with me through this entire year. It has been a crazy year but if I have to go through it any time else in life, there is no one else I'd rather go through it with than the both of you. Despite our differences, I know that your love for me is the only thing that is on your mind. I love you.

To both my uncles ( affectionately known as Tua Koo and Say Koo ),

There is nothing that pleases this heart more than to see the both of you rekindle your relationship. I have been so blessed and loved by the both of you. You are so special to me.

To my beautiful gals ( Annie, Debra, Deriss, Rachel, Ruth and Kelfy ),
Our friendship is to me, like a scored gold mine. I believe that I have found my treasure in each of you. I adore you.

For Youth Impact members reading this,

No matter what happens next year, together we will be able to get through it. Look to the One above who loves you so much that your names are inscribed in the palms of His hands. I am believing for 'immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine'...


Maybe, just maybe, will I start writing down a list of resolutions again, to see how long I can hold on to it... *chuckles*


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments