Filial daughter attempt no.1: Success

By Melissa - Monday, November 03, 2008

So, in an attempt to pay my debt to society ( read: parents ), I decided to be a filial daughter and let Mum rest her legs, be relieved from kitchen duties with me taking over the reins for the day. Not that I have not been helping her, but I did everything on my own today, which included going to the market, preparing and cooking. The outcome is nothing short of amazing, even if I do say so myself =)

Don’t roll your eyes just yet and write this post off as another one of Ms. Braggie Braggyton’s.

Though I must confess, I am a very fussy consumer of food, and it often results in me getting a long, rehearsed lecture for being picky. In my defense, I would reciprocate saying the reason I am this fussy is because I have been spoilt with good food all along.

Come to think of it, it’s probably the only thing I am spoilt rotten with, as Mum is an incredible cook hence the ‘Difficult-to-please Tongue’.

But the sad thing is, I do not show off my culinary skills often as I detest the cleaning up afterwards.


However, enough about me. I made two dishes.


Dish no.1: Sautéed Long Beans

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Dish no.2: Potato & Carrot Broth

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The photos taken do not, I repeat do not, do justice to what those dishes taste like. Daddy, Mummy and Angeline are three happy, satisfied and contented campers, and there's no stopping this Chatty Lass from beaming with pride.

Next up, caramelised onion tart with a side of salad and mashed potatoes anyone?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments