What Came Through The Mailbox

By Melissa - Thursday, September 11, 2008

I checked my mailbox ( not to be confused with my inbox ) this morning. And there were some really great suprises in store for me. I don't correspond with people via letter-writing thus I don't expect letters in return too. Most of the letters addressed to me are mainly from the bank or BonusLink or just plain junk.

But not today, guys and gals.. Not today. Today, Chatty Lass had some interesting mail that makes her believe today will be a good day because her morning was made. *smiles*

Mail No.1


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Haagen-Dazs..

I love Haagen-Dazs, it's the best ice-cream in the world. I do not eat it as often as I'd like to, well only because I want to watch my figure. Seriously, continual eating of this will add inches to your waistline more quickly then you can say, "Fat".

Nestled within the folder were....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My very own card ( with my name printed on, no less ) as well as a FREE voucher.



Mail No. 2


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Christian Dior ( monthly mag )

To those not in the know, I love the parfums of Christian Dior. I also adore the couture and jewellery. Too bad I can't afford it right now, but maybe 5 or 6 years down the road, I might be able to get my hands on some of the gorgeous runway pieces.

To get to what is actually the main point of today's entry is, life is not just meant for us to live by. Sure, being surrounded by all the beautiful things in life is wonderful. I love make-up, I love clothes and shoes, I love perfumes, I love many other things. But, are these things eternal? Are they everlasting? Does loving them make me any better as a person?

The answer as you very well know it, is no. So, what are these things for? These are items that only give us temporary fulfillment, with no eternal purpose. We splurge on them and buy them as presents or treats. That's awesome but we must be careful to not let them become the centre of our focus, our primary attention.

Many of you might not want to admit it, but what I've just mentioned is very true. We spend our money and buy stuff we like when we are happy as well as when we are down. We feel the euphoria and thrill when we first purchase it. But one week down the road, one month later, it wears off. The excitement is not there anymore. We end up craving and yearning for more. I speak of this from my heart, I know exactly how it feels like because I've been there before.

Let me suggest to you, to invest in something that you will never regret of and will leave you feeling contented for life: Jesus Christ.

He will fill up all your thirsts and hungers that you will never go hungry and dry again, for He is the wellspring of life. He is eternal, He is everlasting. And, He loves YOU.

Invest in Him today =)

Blessings, Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments