The Notebook

By Melissa - Thursday, September 11, 2008

As I returned home after college, I figured I'd watch a movie.

I looked through The Home's dvd collection and chanced upon The Notebook. I heard rave reviews about this movie being tear-jerkingly romantic.


I must say this is my favourite romance movie, so far. It is simple yet incredibly romantic. The fundamental value of what true love really is, is expressed in the most radical way possible.


Let me start by saying, I am a cynic. A staunch believer that 'love' at first sight does not occur, and probabilities of it happening is one in a million.

Neither do I believe that a fat man suiting up in red and white, with a long white beard (sometimes braided, in certain versions) sending gifts to children during Christmas is real. Yes, I do not believe in Santa Claus.

Men of Noah Calhoun's breed are greatly diminishing, almost extinct in fact. And if I ever end up with such a guy (that is to say he is a sold-out romantic and looks as rugged as Ryan Gosling), chances are I would be pinching myself till there are bruises all over me to register in my thick skull that I am not dreaming. But then again, probabilities of that occuring is next to impossible.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments