Oh me, oh my.....

By Melissa - Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Well, here I am again. This is unusual, a first as a matter of fact, that I am posting two entries in a day. But I have to let off steam. I was cheerful and chirpy as a bird this morning but not as for right now. This Chatty Lass has to rant to release the steam that is coming out her ears. It is all due to something that occurred sometime from 3 till 5pm today.

I made a promise to myself as well as my parents that I am gonna be more civil with my tongue, making less critical remarks and not string up several words or adjectives to form a more ‘articulate’ sentence to describe a situation or person. Now don’t get me wrong, by saying ‘articulate’ sentence, I do not mean profanity. I do not swear. Period.

But for this particular person to make his debut in my blog, he must have done something. Something that completely touches my heart or something absolutely annoys me. Take your pick...

Now, I had a tutorial on Introduction to Mass Communication at 3. I was rather excited to learn more of the course that I signed up for so naturally, I entered the class with enthusiasm. But unfortunately, the college assigned a less-enthusiastic lecturer to be the upper hand. Big mistake. To say that he is boring would be the understatement of the year.

What makes me say that?

1. His tone is monotonous.
Scratch that. He IS monotonous. Everything about him is. Trust someone like him to completely suck the living juice out of you. He sounds like a radio with a dying battery. His voice has the same effect to me as listening to a Jessica Simpson record: Painful.

2. He does not move.
I’m serious! If his lecture is 2 hours, he would stand in the same position without moving for that period of time. It seems as though he’s screwed to the floor and when the span of the lesson ends, he unscrews himself and moves around like us normal beings again.

3. He likes to use ‘The’.
There’s nothing wrong in using ‘the’, you might say. But when ‘the’ is the only article used in a 2–hour lecture, tell me to my face that it will not annoy you.

I can go on and on but I am gonna be a ‘civilised’ person and stop it right there, for now. There might be more updates, so stay tuned.

Thank you for listening. I am feeling much better now =)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments