Change

By Melissa - Monday, September 15, 2008

A change is taking place in my life. In fact, this year has been life-altering and my eyes are opened to a new dimension, my faith challenged to a new level.

The number of occupants in my home decreased from 7 to 6 to 5 and now, only the four of us (Daddy, Mummy, sis and yours truly). When there were the seven of us, the house seemed a little crammed with limited privacy. When I came home today, I came back to a startlingly empty house and the realisation finally sank in.

My paternal grandpa passed away the morning of my birthday after about a year of battling nose cancer. He was a quiet and reserved man, with very few words but his love for me was evident through his actions. As I recalled the days where he took the effort to buy me breakfast or giving me piggy-back rides when I was younger, tears just flowed freely.

My maternal grandpa then passed away recently, less than a month ago.

Going through two funerals a year is devastating but at the same time for me, it was an eye-opener. To cherish life, take full advantage of the time to appreciate loved ones, friends and family alike.

As I am writing this post, tears welled up in my eyes. I have not said and talked much to anyone about this but I do miss my grandpa-s very much. They were people very dear to my heart.

And yesterday morning, my maid (who was also considered as part of the family) left for Indonesia, back to her land and family. Usually upon returning home, she'll be at the door but today, no smiles and greetings. Just a wooden door.

There are gonna be a number of changes in my life. I'm viewing this as a new chapter in my life.

A fresh start, a new beginning, a new season. The previous chapter has ended, and this calls for a fresh page on the book. With new ink, another story is chronicled.


With renewed hope in my heart, I embrace the change.


P/S : You have been so good to me and my family. All of us. You did not leave us, but Your hand was upon us, all the way. I can only stand in reverant awe as I watched your plan unfold.

I love you, my Saviour.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments